Friday, April 11, 2008
28% of Americans Need My Help
I read an article earlier today that troubled me so much that my lazy ass was spurred into action. I found the piece interesting overall, but there were a couple of sections that jumped out at me:

History News Network’s poll of 109 historians found that 61 percent of them rank Bush as “worst ever” among U.S. presidents. Bush’s key competition comes from Buchanan, apparently, and a further 2 percent of the sample puts Bush right behind Buchanan as runner-up for “worst ever.” 96 percent of the respondents place the Bush presidency in the bottom tier of American presidencies.

and

81 percent of Americans, according to a recent New York Times poll, believe he’s taken the country on the wrong track. That’s the highest number ever registered. The same poll also says 28 percent have a favorable view of his performance in office...

I'm in no position to argue with the first point, because while I'm not sure what exactly constitutes a "historian," I'm assuming these people have a lot of letters after their name and I, on the other hand, do not. Also, history was always my weakest category in Trivial Pursuit. I totally sucked ass. I did even worse in that one than I did in Sports and Leisure, which was really saying something because i really blew the donkey in that category. But every once in a while I might get lucky and score a horse racing question or one that had to do with booze. If I got asked one of those I had that shit in the bag! But when it was history time I usually just lobbed Bay of Pigs Invasion or Neville Chamberlain out there and hoped for the best.

It was the second point that almost gave me a seizure. 28 out of every 100 Americans think W is doing a swell job? That was a call to action! Clearly these people need my assistance, so I'd like to provide them with some other information that they're probably struggling with.

1) The moon isn't actually made out of cheese.

2) That rumbling sound you hear when it rains hard? It's not really God rearranging his living room furniture.

3) As it turns out, light bulbs aren't powered by magic fairy dust.

I hope that clears a few things up. I'll be happy to answer more questions if you'd like. Remember, I'm here to help.


1 Comments:

Blogger Kristina and Ingo said...

I am so glad you cleared that up for me even though I am not a fan of W’s whatsoever….. He scares me and I am glad that this is an election year.

I really thought the noise was God re-arranging his furniture and the flashes of light were from him opening and closing his fridge in search of a tasty treat… Who knew?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer