Thursday, November 20, 2008
An Ode To My Husband
Following is a transcript of some of today's instant messages between me and a coworker:

Coworker: [Manager who shall not be named] wants to know if he can take a vacation day on Sunday. I've already got coverage for him but I told him we'd need your permission first.

Me: As long as there's coverage it's alright with me. Why does he need Sunday off?

CW: He's proposing to his girlfriend on Saturday night.

Me: In that case, tell his ass to get in here on Sunday so he can work toward paying off that freaking rock he just bought her.

CW: I know! He sprang for a real diamond and everything. What's wrong with cubic zirconia or pawnshops?

Me: He's so young and idealistic.

CW: After two failed marriages I can tell you that if I ever do it again I'll have my girlfriend collect aluminum cans. Then she can buy whatever ring she wants with the can money.

Me: You are so romantic.

CW: Maybe she'll bring candles so there will be some nice ambiance when I present her with a can of beanie weenies.

Me: You have the soul of a poet.

CW: If I'm in the right mood I might even buy name brand.

Me: Well, [The Mister] and I got married in a conference/storage room in a courthouse in Columbiana, Alabama. And then we stopped by Sonic for lunch on our way home to take a nap. You sound like my kind of people.

CW: Did you supersize anything?

Me: Just our love.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer