Friday, December 07, 2007
My Husband Refuses To Shine On Like A Crazy Diamond
Me: Hey, there's a show on PBS that might be interesting. It's Neil Young and David Gilmour playing Pink Floyd!

The Mister: Uh, ok. Hmmm.

Me: You've gotta love The Floyd!

TM: They don't do that much for me, actually. I think they're wankers. And the biggest wanker of all? David Gilmour.

Me: I don't know anything about their wankitude, but some of their songs really do it for me. I know from personal experience that there's more than one guy in the Middle Tennessee area who got laid because he played some Pink Floyd at precisely the right moment.

TM: Uh huh.

Me: Shine On You Crazy Diamond? That shit is genius.

TM: [blank stare]

Me: When they start in with the guitar? wah WAH wah Waaaaahhhhhh [demonstration complete with air guitar, thank you very much] Holy hell, that's awesome.

[crickets chirping]

Me: Don't you think that's great?

TM: [shrug]

Me: You are totally harshing my groove. I'm way too hip and cool to have my groove harshed.

[sigh]

Alright, fine. We won't watch it. Are there any Golden Girls reruns on?


3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah. I gotta agree with him. Pink Floyd was always kinda "meh" for me. Decent, but waaaaay over rated. I think if they weren't considered to be super-musical-uber-talented-gods by some people, i'd probably like them more than i do.

Blogger chez bez said...

While I agree that they may be over-rated by some (OK...many), I can't fault them for that.

Their music is tremendously wonderful to me. I love it all.

Blogger Kristina and Ingo said...

What is it with non-American men and their silly ways? I mean for crying out loud, he could have gotten lucky just by watching a TV show! I think we need to introduce the German to your Australian. It would make for good entertainment.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer